We are passionate about our work
Zealous in going the extra mile to help each and every customer succeed. Committed to providing our staff with the training and support they need to face every challenge as an exciting opportunity for growth.
We’re always on the lookout for hard-working and dedicated individuals who share our whole-hearted commitment to our community and will work tirelessly to seek out new ways to provide for our customers.
What we look for
A work ethic that is focused, motivated, mature, energetic and detail-oriented.
A passion for helping people.
A love of connecting to customers and the community through service and selling.
A willingness to dig in and contribute.
A personal style that is neat, tidy and professional.
Current openingsDownload application forms
The Customer Service Representative/Teller position at First Federal Savings serves as a highly visible representative of the Company to customers. The Teller works closely with other tellers and customer service representatives to serve customers with the highest level of service and to cultivate new relationships and nurture existing relationships.
The teller position of First Federal Savings reports to the appropriate Customer Service Supervisor, who reports to the Branch Manager.
- Deliver the highest level of service to First Federal’s customers, while adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Serve as one of the “faces” of First Federal to customers, exhibiting a sense of confidence and professionalism
- Assist and address customer inquiries with a sense of urgency and understanding, partnering with colleagues on the teller line as well as in Operations in order to direct the customer to the appropriate individual
- Solve basic problems and answer fundamental customer inquiries in a pleasant way, including questions regarding account balances, CD maturity dates, and simple “Profile 1” information
Product and Service Promotion
- Maintain a basic understanding of First Federal’s products and services, including a working knowledge of all service fees and charges, the difference between ATM and debit cards, in order to adequately converse with customers about them
- Have a working knowledge of how to accurately quote savings rates, how to explain First Federal’s Truth In Savings disclosure to customers, as well as why, from a compliance perspective, the rate quote and disclosure work together
- Prepare accurately and document transaction tickets and address change forms
- Engage appropriate individuals at First Federal for problem solving and trouble-shooting, including Savings Operations, Loan Servicing, customer service staff, and branch managers, in order to adequately and professionally address more complex customer inquiries
- Advocate proactively First Federal’s products and services to non-customers, including deposit and loan products, without the responsibility of opening accounts
- Manage a cash drawer with maturity and the highest level of integrity
- Adhere to all First Federal security policies and procedures, particularly when they apply to opening and closing procedures, cash handling, and cash drawer limits
- Balance drawer accurately using both ClearTouch Teller and manual balance sheets, with an understanding of credits and debits and an ability to detect balancing errors
- Execute daily transactions for First Federal’s customers, including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, monetary instruments, night deposits, mail, and loan payments
- Process accurately the savings bond redemptions, as well as the sale of monetary instruments while completing and sending all documentation to the Accounting department
- Understand completely First Federal’s policies and procedures regarding check cashing, including check negotiability, check holds, and fraudulent checks
- Navigate easily through basic ClearTouch screens, including ClearTouch Teller, Customer Source, Profile 1, and customer histories, in order to address simple account inquiries, while on alert for flags, red flags, and messages, knowing when to ask for assistance
- Create, scan, and submit checks via Web Capture for processing
Regulatory and Compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, recognizing the necessity to accurately complete a CTR or monetary instrument log for all transactions involving cash of $3000 to $10,000, and over $10,000
- Recognize suspicious activity and take appropriate action with the correct officer
- Have a working knowledge of Regulation CC and First Federal’s Funds Availability policy, with the ability to complete hold notices
- Understand First Federal’s Customer Identification Program according to the USA Patriot Act and know what the minimum requirements are to satisfy proper identification, as well as what are acceptable forms of identification
- Recognize red flags in regards to identity theft and contact the appropriate person at First Federal to address this issue
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality when working with customers and have a basic knowledge of First Federal’s privacy policies and procedures, including who may have information regarding accounts
- Have a clear understanding and appreciation for First Federal’s Information Security and Internet/Intranet policies and procedures, as well as what steps to take if an information security breach does happen
- Be aware of the Community Reinvestment Act and where First Federal maintains its public file, while tactfully referring the inquiring individual to a branch manager or officer
Locations & Hours
- The Main Office of First Federal Savings is located at 2 North Second Street in Newark. First Federal also has offices on 21st Street in Newark, Heath, Pataskala, Gahanna, and Granville. Hours are generally 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, and Saturdays from 8:30 AM-12:00 PM.
Key Qualifications, Competencies, and Attributes
- High school diploma preferred
- Previous teller or cash handling experience is preferred
- A work ethic that is focused, motivated, mature, energetic, and detail-oriented
- Character defined by honesty, kindness, and collaboration
- A personal style that is neat, tidy, and professional
- Working knowledge of computer and office equipment operation
Please download and complete the application and self-ID of disability forms below. Attach both, along with your resume.